This web site ‘Lawyer Rant’ abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of any response, Samuel Owen may remove or disable access to material residing on this site that is claimed to be infringing, in which case Samuel Owen will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that they may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA.
This notice and the explanation of procedure below does not constitute legal advice. Before sending a Notice of Infringing Material to Samuel Owen and this web site Lawyer Rant, you may wish to contact a competent lawyer in your legal jurisdiction to better understand your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws. The following notice requirements are intended to comply with Samuel Owen’s rights and obligations under the DMCA and, in particular, section 512(c), and do not constitute legal advice.
Procedure for submitting a notice of infringing material:
To file a notice of infringing material regarding the web site Lawyer Rant, please provide a written notification by email addressed to Samuel.email@example.com containing the following details:
- Reasonably sufficient details to enable Samuel Owen to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL);
- Reasonably sufficient detail to enable Samuel Owen to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
- Your email contact information so that Samuel Owen can contact you. Samuel Owen will most often be unable to respond to requests that only provide mailing addresses or telephone number as contact information.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in part (2) above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
- Your dated physical or electronic signature. You must include the date you signed the letter or email.
This information must be sent to the author of this web page, Samuel Owen, at the following email address: Samuel.Owen@comcast.net